Google’s Braised Chicken and Chickpea Soup, recipes from Bon Appetit
Spring break for “older” people means for me that I have tried a bunch of new recipes. Very good!
Carob Cherry Yogurt Cake with Pecan Crumble Top
Place ½ cup dried cherries with½ cup hot water and soak for 20 minutes.
Prepare 9-inch cake pan with a layer of parchment paper in the bottom of dish. Grease and flour parchment and sides of pan.
· 1 ½ cups flour
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· 1 cup sugar
Add to dry mix:
· ½ cup vegetable oil
· 1 egg plus 1 egg white
· 1 cup of greek yogurt – plain
· ½ teaspoon almond extract
· 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
· Soaked dry cherries – patted dry with paper towels
· 1 cup carob chips
· About ½ cup chopped pecans and 1 tablespoon sugar
- I put the pecans in a ziplock with the sugar and beat with a rolling pin
Bake at 350 for 45-50 minutes. Let cool for at least 20 minutes.
I didn’t take a picture because I was too busy waiting for it to cool so I could eat it. But it is a very pretty cake and amazingly delicious.